Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dentist Day

Oh joy! Just got back from the dentist. Spent 3.5 hours there this morning. He'd only blocked me in for 1.5. I have honest to God never had such bad post-dental pain as I do right now. Somehow the lidocaine has already almost completely worn off--in fact I could feel most of what he did all day--and the throbbing is amazing. He cut the shit out of my gums and warned me he would be doing so. I have no idea what the hell he did, but just filling these cavities was about 50x more painful than the root canal last year.

It's amazing how horrible my teeth have gotten. Luckily it's only the back teeth (knock on wood!) and so I'm just on a "repeat" schedule of getting them filled every few months. By the time we finish the fourth quadrant, it's time to start on the first one again. Really frustrating. I floss and brush and gargle constantly. Sometimes it doesn't seem worth all the extra effort, but I know that's silly. I saw __'s horrible HORRIBLE dental work on the front teeth recently and am determined never to have to have anything like that showing when I smile.

Despite the pain, this is the best time--the longest possible time 'til my next appointment. Yay!

Aside from that, the last few days have been pretty good. LB's bday party (ate white rice and a small piece of cake), hanging out with the boys, and actually had a good fun night with my family. Mom's actually getting really good at predicting what I can and can't eat, and I appreciate it tremendously. It's taken YEARS but better late than never. She keeps extra things on hand, puts a potato in the oven for me just in case or a cup or two of rice on the stove. I always have something I can eat if I can't eat whatever she's made for the main. Speaking of which, I actually ate a tiny piece of steak the other night. It was so so fucking good. It hit my stomach like a ton of bricks though so I knew better than to keep eating it. Oh well!

Dinners have remained the same as usual. Starches with some over-cooked veggies.


That right there is some rice cooked in broth with a sprinkling of fake parmesan, blanched and roasted fresh green beans, and my favorite beautiful baby Yukon Golds, roasted and smashed. I could eat those things every single night (that I'm able to eat) and be a happy camper. As good as french fries. Crispy warm potato goodness.

Going to go try and eat something so I can take a few Advil (which I never do). My mouth is seriously... not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment